Sunday, January 30, 2011

Four for Four

Today marks the first day that Peter will be leaving on a business trip since the girls were born. He'll be gone for four whole days, to sunny New Orleans. While I cheer him on and am proud of his job, I have little devil Sabrina sitting on my shoulder saying, "Put too much sugar in his coffee as you wave him off. Change out his clean ones for his dirty boxers." I'll be stuck here cleaning pee off the wall and toilet from our newly potty-trained Ethan, scrubbing spit-up out of the carpet from our girls introduction to solid foods, and playing referee to the ongoing battles called sibling rivalry between our eldest angels. "Shut up little devil Sabrina," I say. Is that a blizzard I see in the forecast? Can I survive four kids for four days? Alone?

No comments: